Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inspiration Is All Around Us: First Post

As an artist and creative thinker, I find inspiration on a daily basis, especially living here in New York.
So I'm going to let you in on some things that really get me going, in little posts I'll call "Inspiration Is All Around Us."

This is post number one: Quail Eggs. 


                                                           



I've had this recent obsession with M2M, the Asian convenience store/market on 3rd Ave between 11th and 12th. 
The last time I went, my roommate and I were browsing around, and she picked up this tiny plastic carton of eggs to show me. They were beautiful little quail eggs, and I immediately became enamored by their colour and patterns, and the fact that each of them is unique. Since they were only $2 for a dozen, I snatched them up immediately.
I've been using them in my ramen and to put on different little things. Last night I fried two of them and put them on a salmon burger that I was making for dinner. They're pretty delicious, just very small.
Anyway, I've been saving the shells to photograph, and the above photos are ones that I took yesterday morning. I think the patterns would look divine on fabric, and I find them so appealing and inspiring. I'm thinking about doing something else with the shells besides just admiring them, as they're sitting on my desk with nothing to do. If anyone has any ideas let me know!

Next time you're at the market, look out for these little gems. And check out M2M if you live in New York, because it is fantastic!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment